Are you getting tired of the Chobani recipes yet? 😉
This one is one of my favorites! Ever since I had Liam, I’ve been struggling to get my salad for the day. This all changed when my grandmother brought over some chicken salad in the first few weeks after having Liam. It was delicious. With bursts of sweet cranberries and great crunch from the walnuts and celery, it was the perfect topping for a hefty bowl of greens.
So that I didn’t go on mayonaise overload, I decided to make my own version, but with greek yogurt, instead! It’s so easy to whip up and keep in your fridge for your lunches. It certainly makes for a quick meal when you’re balancing a newborn on your hip!
Oh, and I don’t remember who I first saw do this on instagram, but I love this easy method of shredding chicken. It’s genius!
Basically, you can whip the entire chicken salad in your mixing bowl. Certainly makes for easy clean up, too!
Have a nice weekend, and maybe you could whip this up for lunches next week!
Healthy Chicken Salad
- 1 pound organic chicken breast
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- Boil the chicken breast in water for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through (no pink).
- Place cooked chicken in the bowl of you stand mixer. Mix on low for 1 minute, or until the chicken in shredded (Or shred with two forks).
- Add in the celery, walnuts, cranberries, salt, and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Add in the yogurt, mix until just combined.
- Place in a air tight container and put in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Enjoy on a sandwich or salad!
Servings: 4 hefty servings