Believe it or not, these photos were a ‘whim’ and taken at 6am, before the sun even rose. Now, that’s what I call a powerful lens. Thank you 50mm f/1.2! 😉
No, but seriously, these are some of the most fluffy and soft 100% whole wheat pancakes I’ve made. Seriously good.
I just love how a stack of pancakes can really bring family and friends around the table and make everyone full and happy. They are especially good accompanied with sausage patties and the entire plate drowned in syrup.
Yeah, that’s how I roll!
How do you like your pancakes? Do you have a favorite recipe?
Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
adapted from Adventures in Shaw
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light buttermilk
- 1 cup milk (I’ve used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (through sugar).
- In another bowl, quickly beat the milks and eggs together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until just combined.
- Cook by the 1/4 cup on a hot griddle pan.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings!
Servings: 10-12 pancakes