Hey, hey, hey! Guess what this week is!?!?
It’s funfetti week!
Can you tell I’m just the slightest bit excited? Oy. I don’t get out much anymore. Forgive me.
Well, some people call it cake batter, but I think saying funfetti is much more fun. I’ll have a new funfetti recipe every day and on friday we’ll have a link party! You in?
My husband made this rockin’ badge. You like? I’ll have it hyperlinked for you guys to grab to put on your funfetti recipes on Friday!
Okay. Let’s talk baked donuts.
Seriously the greatest new invention. Who knew you could have a semi-healthy donut that you could make at home? I just wish I was the one who patented the pan. Sheesh.
These funfetti baked donuts are so soft and fluffy. The pops of color from the sprinkles make every bite so happy.
If you ask me, they are perfect with a cup of coffee for a Monday morning breakfast!
On another and very important note, my good friend, Lauren, from Keep It Sweet is in the Martha Stewart American Made Awards running to help grow her amazing dessert business. If you remember, she did a giveaway on Chocolate & Carrots a few months ago! So, if you would be the kindest, head over HERE and vote for her. You can vote daily!
Funfetti Baked Donuts
heavily adapted from Chocolate & Carrots at Huffington Post
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt, such as Chobani
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spray the donut pan with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cake mix, baking powder, and sprinkles.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fill the donut pan by pouring the batter into a ziplock bag and cutting a hole in one of the corners.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched.
- Once the donuts have cooled, dip both sides of the donuts in the glaze (made by combining the glaze ingredients together), and top with sprinkles.
Servings: 6 donuts