How in the world is it already October 8th? Halloween is right around the corner and it’s feeling like fall here in South Carolina today. High of 62°F! Crazy. It was 90°F yesterday, where we were sweating at the beach.
Well, the weather has pushed me to start my fall baking. Yay!
When I saw these 2 ingredient pumpkin brownies on pinterest, I knew I had to give them a try. It was one of those too-good-to-be-true recipes that you’re skeptical about until you try them and they are great!
They literally took me more time to mix together than the oven had time to heat up. I’m always waiting on the oven. What, what! So fast.
Anyway, they are chewy and fudgy, with absolutely no hint of pumpkin. You can always bump up the pumpkin flavor by adding some pumpkin spice, but I’m just fine getting some veggies (Is pumpkin a vegetable?) in my brownies. I’ve loved making brownies out of black beans and zucchini. So tasty!
So, give these a try! I betcha that you have these ingredients already in your pantry! ;D
slightly adapted from Cookies & Cups
- Brownie Mix (18.9 ounce box of your favorite, I used triple chocolate)
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic pumpkin pureé
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cover a 6″x10″ (or 9″x9″) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the brownie mix and the pumpkin. Pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.