If you’re like me, you’ve had an overload of sugar from the holidays. I’ve eaten and baked and eaten some more. As much as I love spending all of that time with my family, it’s nice to get back into a healthy routine.
Since I’m also still putting my house back together, nothing says easy like this soup!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and enjoy these last few days of 2012! I know these days are flying by as our little Liam is growing up, but this year has really been a blur for me. I can’t believe we’re on the verge of 2013!
Also, a little pat on my back: With the days become shorter and cloudier, I always seem to have to touch up my photos a little bit, bumping up the exposure, but these photos required zero editing. So proud of myself. :-) Yay for photo shoots during naptime!
Onto one more mouth watering photo…
Quick Tortilla Soup
adapted from eMeals - Whole Foods for 2 plan
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 bouillon cubes (I used one chicken and one beef)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- In a large pot, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with crushed tortilla or sweet potato chips on top. Also, feel free to add hot sauce too!