I’m not lying in the slightest when I say we have one of these every single night. It’s almost silly how much we’re obsessed with these smoothies.
But, I will say, it’s done wonders keeping me on track with my weight. It’s the perfect healthy craving catcher when I need something sweet!
Oh, and I know I put a straw in these photos, but that’s just because they photograph so well. We always eat these smoothies with a spoon because it’s so nice and thick, like semi-melted ice cream!
Chocolate chips on top (or M&M’s if you’re feeling really adventurous) are a necessity. Seriously, the perfect little treat!
So, there ya go. Now you know my secret to not being 100 pounds overweight. Otherwise, I’d be in the ice cream every night.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- 6 ounces milk (skim or almond is what we like)
- 8-13 three quarter-inch frozen banana slices (about 1 frozen medium/large banana) ***
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- In a blender, such as the Blendtec, blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Enjoy plain or with some chocolate chips!
- When I make them, I pour the milk into the Blendtec and put the frozen banana slices in, making sure they are iceburging out of the milk (You know, there are enough banana slices in the milk with some sticking out of the milk) to make the perfect smoothie.
Servings: 1 large or 2 small smoothies