America, meet Mexico.
Yep, the perfect hybrid of spicy fiesta flavors and the great american classic to recharge your batteries (pun intended). Phew…I crack myself up.
But seriously, this burger was such a quick and easy way to vamp up (not in the twilight way) a weeknight meal. You don’t even have to open up a packet of taco seasoning, you can make just enough for your burgers!
Winner, winner, ey ey ey, turkey dinner!
Tex Mex Turkey Burger
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 4-5 hamburger buns
- lettuce or spinach
- 4-5 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin and pepper together. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently combine the turkey, egg and oats until just combined.
- Separate the meat into 4-5 balls, pressing down to flat 3 1/2 inch circles.
- Sprinkle the seasoning onto the burgers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- To assemble the hamburgers, place the turkey burgers, cheese, lettuce and salsa on the hamburger buns.
- Enjoy with your favorite sides!
Servings: 4-5 burgers