Sometimes you need the second cup of coffee. Am I right?
Having a crawling baby that gets into everything and your house isn’t baby proofed because you’re in the process of selling, makes for an exhausted mommy.
Bring on the second cup!
Well, Mr. Coffee has a single cup brewer is just perfect for that. In the mornings, my husband and I like to split an 8 cup french press, but lately I need that second cup around 2pm when I’m running on empty.
Check out how quick it is! Oh, how I love gifs, even though they are a 2nd decade old technology.
It’s only natural to want something to pair the delicious hot cup of coffee with. Bring on the biscotti! I’ve made a great variety of biscotti before, see:
- Gingerbread Biscotti
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti
- Double Chocolate Biscotti
- Pecan Cranberry Biscotti
All of them have been delicious and it was about time I made a simple chocolate chip biscotti.
The semi-sweet chocolate chips in every bite, melting in the hot coffee, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
And usually my husband takes all of the goodies into work with him, but these biscotti stayed right here at home. I ate one every single day for a snack with my coffee until they were gone. Sad.
Oh, and yes, we have a designated coffee section on our kitchen counter and this is the decor beside it:
Okay, let’s get back to the hot coffee and delicious biscotti.
So the biscotti are so versatile in the fact that you can bake them to the hardness that you desire. I personally enjoy them a little softer than bricks, but no matter what hardness you choose, they’ll soften right up when you give them a little dip in the hot bath…I’m mean, coffee.
Go ahead. You know you want to take a dip. Now you have to make these biscotti and dip them in the coffee yourself.
And as you can see, they didn’t last long. If you keep scrolling down the page, you’ll have a chance to win a Mr. Coffee single cup brewer too! This machine provides the Keurig technology, allowing it to brew all varieties of K-Cup® packs. It also has a 24-oz removable water reservoir, so you’re not refilling it every time, but more like every other time. When you brew, you can choose to brew a 6-oz or 10-oz coffee.
What’s nice about the single cup brewer too is the removable drip tray so you can fit your mega mugs and tall cutesy travel mugs! And I think the only down side to this machine is that you have to buy the k-cups which are crazy expensive. I almost have to use them in moderation because they’re basically like $1 a piece. However, the upside of the K-cup technology is that there’s no clean up, which I never have time for anyway with a baby on my hip.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Biscotti
adapted from A Full Measure of Happiness
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla to the bowl. Stir with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and lay into two long logs on a silpat or parchment paper covered baking sheet, pressing the logs out flat and evenly. If you want small biscotti, make sure you do long and narrow logs.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and with a sharp cerated knife, cut into strips horizontally or on an angle.
- Lay the biscotti on their sides back on the baking sheet.
- Lower the temperature to 250F and bake again for 30 minutes (just 15 minutes for less hard biscotti).
- Remove and let cool before storing in an air tight container at room temperature.
Servings: about 20 biscotti