I love a good chicken salad (no lie, while I was typing chicken salad, I typed chocolate…chocolate is always on the brain), especially tossed right on top of a bed of lettuce. You don’t even need dressing!
This peanut-y, Asian flare makes for a scrumptious salad, calling me to pile on the veggies!
What’s your favorite way to top a salad?
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
adapted from emeals Whole Foods for Two
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2-4 cups mixed greens and lettuce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced using a grater or peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- spritz from a lime
- (optional) chopped peanuts
- In a small sauce pan, bring the brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and coconut milk to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded chicken.
- Assemble your salad with the mixed greens, carrots, bean sprouts, peanut chicken, and spritz of lime juice.
- (Optional) Add chopped peanuts.
- Enjoy while the chicken is warm.
This recipe is my adaptation from my eMeals for 2 Plan. If you’re interested in getting more recipes like this and having your meal plan done for you, use discount code BLISS13 for 15% off.