Last summer, when I had just had Liam and still had PPD, we traveled to ‘the beach’ (also known as Hilton Head Island) to visit family. It was great seeing everyone, but you try traveling 3 hours each way with a newborn, running on little sleep and then loosing your phone to the ocean. Thankfully the phone thing worked out and I got ice cream pie.
Can we just marry those three words? Ice Cream Pie.
I lightened her recipe up a bit…your waist can thank me later…and it’s just in time for Frozen Treat Week!
This pie is so great because you can really make it what you want! Customizable is my new favorite thing. You could make it with:
- graham cracker crust
- whole wheat pie crust
- chocolate chip cookie crust
- chocolate ice cream
- vanilla ice cream
- strawberry ice cream
- ANY ice cream
- oreo cookies
- chocolate chips
- crushed candy bars
- fresh fruit
- ANY fillings!
You can’t go wrong. Make it your own!
What do you think?
By the looks of it, I don’t think I liked it one bit.
Cookies & Ice Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 1 pint of your favorite ice cream (I suggest chocolate or vanilla), softened
- 15 chocolate cream cookies (I used WhoNu), broken up into pieces
- 1 store bought 9 inch oreo crust (or homemade crust)
- In a small sauce pan, heat the heavy cream until it reaches a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted and a smooth ganache consistency.
- In a large bowl, stir the ice cream and 10-12 crushed cookies together. Spread into the prepared crust.
- Spread the chocolate ganache onto the ice cream.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours until hard.
Now are you ready for a big giveaway!? Today’s Frozen Treat Week giveaway is brought to you buy Zoku and OXO. I’m going to be jealous of the winner’s of this one. I’ve always wanted to try the Zoku and I always love OXO stuff!
For other Frozen Treat Week posts visit:
- Rachel Cooks – Blood Orange Chocolate Yogurt Popsicles
- Sweet Remedy – Pineapple Mint Popsicles
- An Edible Mosaic – 3-Minute Easy Cherry-Chocolate Sorbet
- Katie’s Cucina – Mango Raspberry Pops
- Cooking with Books – Chocolate Blueberry Crumble Pop
- Cook the Story – Easy Cherry Frozen Yogurt Pie
- The Baker Chick – Bananas Foster Ice Cream
- Nutmeg Nanny – Mango Margarita Boozesicles
- Foodie with Family – 1 Ingredient Cherry Ice Cream + How to Freeze Cherries
- Eats Well With Others – White Chocolate Buttermint Ice Cream
- Damn Delicious – Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles