Ready for a healthified kids meal? Like is an understatement as to how much my one year old loved this meal. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it too. You can’t beat a journey back to childhood meals with chicken fingers! 🙂
The chicken was nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Pair it with tons of veggies for a well balanced meal! And if you’re really ready to hide some veggies, I’d suggest this healthified mac and cheese. 🙂
A little side note. My husband just got back from a trip to San Francisco (SO JEALOUS), but while he was gone my sister, Margaret, and I went crazy-pyscho organizing in our new house. I can’t wait to get everything cleaned up and perfected and share it with you!
You see, while my husband was gone, he received a pile of packages! Someone got caught with a little too much online shopping. 😉 Luckily, we have Amazon Prime and get free two day shipping. Woot! Anyone else have a prime account? Isn’t it awesome! The free streaming movies rocks, too.
Anyway, if you haven’t heard or gotten Amazon Prime, you may want to give it a go with their 30 day free trial. It’s rockin’. Hello, deals on diapers and bulk groceries! 🙂
Oven-Friend Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 1 – 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-2″ pieces
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk the buttermilk and egg white in a bowl. Add the chicken, covering them in the milk mixture and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper in another bowl.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture, allowing excess buttermilk to drip off.
- Dip the check in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to the chicken to make it stick.
- Place the chicken on a rack set in a foil covered baking sheet that has been sprayed with canola oil.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until chicken is done and coating is browned.
Note: This dish can be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
This post contains affiliate links. I value your shopping and only participate in programs that I truly believe in.