A few weeks ago, I treated myself to my very first Le Creuset. We just happened to be at the mall and were forced to go into Williams Sonoma (HA!) and there was by chance a sale on Le Creusets. The sale part was the coincidence, actually. It was something like a $300 pot, marked down to $200. When we got to the register we ended up only paying $91 (granted that was with a $40 gift card that I had been saving, but still $131 isn’t too shabby for a $300 pot)!
Winner, winner…pasta dinner!
When we got home, I basically grabbed all of the Italian type vegetables and noodles that I had on hand and made our first meal in the Le Creuset. It’s beautiful (and delicious), if I do say so myself. The color of the pot, really makes not-so-exciting dishes really come to life in a photograph!
So, tell me, do you have any Le Creusets? If so, which one(s)? I’m officially hooked and need more. 😉
And if you were wondering this is the 6 3/4 quart Round Wide French Oven. Love it!
Quicky & Creamy Italian Pasta
- 2 cups whole wheat gnocchi pasta, cooked according to packaged instructions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper Dannon Oikos Dip (or non-fat plain greek yogurt)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- In a large pot, over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil. Once almost tender, add in the spinach and pesto.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to the pasta and stir until combined.
- Add in the pasta and serve.