We’re in our new ‘again’ hometown today for an extra special occasion!
My favorite brother-in-law is getting married to an amazing girl that I am so excited to call my sister tomorrow.
Aren’t they so cute!?
Our whole family is in the wedding party. I’m a bridesmaid, my husband is the best man and our little Liam is a ring bearer. It’s going to be pretty precious!
Well, a few weeks ago we all traveled to the mountains of South Carolina for an overnight bachelorette party! I made these cupcakes to the maid-of-honor’s specifications: red and black and beautiful!
I think we succeeded. 🙂
The bustiers are made of fondant and you can see the details in the GIF below. So fun and easy!
I love all of the sparkle and shine. Plus, I think they’re just risqué enough for a bride-to-be and sparkly enough to let loose and have fun!
Let her eat cupcakes!
And don’t bother smiling for the camera after eating these. It won’t be pretty. 😉
So, for any of you helping celebrate a bride-to-be, these are the cupcakes for you!
Happy Wedding Day tomorrow, Tyler & Chelsea! I can’t wait to celebrate with you both!
Bachelorette Party Cupcakes
- Black Fondant
- Small circle cutters
- Red Royal Icing (see below)
- Black Sparkle Icing
- White Sprinkles
- Silver Dragee Sprinkles
- Edible Glitter
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Follow the GIF to create the black fondant bustiers using the circle cutters.
- Outline the fondant bustiers with the red royal icing, filling in with the black sparkle icing.
- Place the sprinkles on the royal icing and gently sprinkle some edible glitter on top.
- Allow the fondant to dry for at least 24 hours (or up to 5 days).
- Bake the cupcakes and make the frosting according to the instructions from the links above.
- Place the fondant bustiers on top and serve!
Note: If you’re not serving immediately, you’ll need to refrigerate these cupcakes in an air tight container because of the cream cheese frosting.
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- 1 1/3 cups powered sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- a lot of red food coloring gel
- Stir the meringue powder, powdered sugar and water together until combined.
- Stir in enough food coloring to get it the correct color of red.
- Place in a pastry bag with a small round tip for decorating.