There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you…
Our lives are slowly making their ways into boxes, which I get to pack while simultaneously entertaining a toddler and maintaining a childproof home….all while blogging/photographing/etc. You could say life is a little nuts and it came at a crazy time. The holidays are right around the corner and I have so many amazing recipes to share with you!
We’ll be moving back to our hometown of Charleston, South Carolina. Actually, Mount Pleasant, to be specific. To make matters more crazy, we’ll be moving in with my in-laws (thank you!) while we find a place of our own.
You could say I’m running on low fuel and this type-A, perfectionist, neat-freak is freaking out a little bit.
With all of this stress, I need chocolate pudding. It’s comfort food to the max and there’s nothing finer than a bowl full to satisfy all cravings after a days work of packing, baking and chasing around a toddler.
Grabbing a bowl as we speak.
If you need me, I’ll be the one behind the tower of boxes licking the spoon.
Low Fat Chocolate Pudding
all you magazine January
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch and sugar together.
- Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of milk, until smooth.
- Then, whisk in the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and whisk until thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and add in the chocolate chips, butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Divide into 8 cups.
- Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap, where the wrap is touching the pudding to prevent a skin from forming and place in the fridge to chill.
Makes about 3 cups.