Hands down, my new favorite hand pies.
S’mores in a little pocket is the greatest idea ever. And when enjoyed warm out of the oven, the chocolate is melty and marshmallow is gooey. Just the way I like them!
A little off topic from Pie Week, but today is my husband and my 5th wedding anniversary. We’re headed to Pembroke, Virginia to attend Mixed Conference with McCormick and couldn’t be more excited!
To add to the craziness, we’re moving to Charleston on Monday. My life is
Eat a S’mores Hand Pie.
Check out what the other Pie Week Ladies have created!
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Cream Pie- The Baker Chick
- Chocolate Drizzled Pecan Pie Bites- Nutmeg Nanny
- Pumpkin Coconut Pie- Dessert for Two
- Chocolate Pudding Pie- Eats Well with Others
- Cranberry Apple Pie- Keep it Sweet Desserts
- Caramel Chess Tart- Bake or Break
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Almond Bark- Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pie- Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Smoked Salmon and Spinach Quiche- Country Cleaver
- Apple Pie Ice Cream- Carla’s Confections
- Triple Fruit Slab Pie- Foodie with Family
Whole Wheat S’mores Hand Pies
- 1 whole wheat pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 10 squares of baking chocolate (I used the Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Baking Squares)
- 10 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 1 sheet low fat honey graham cracker, finely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll out the chilled pie crust on a floured surface until it’s about 1/8″ thick. Cut 3 1/4 inch circles out.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash lightly over half of the circles.
- Lay one square of chocolate on each circle. Scoop 1 tablespoon of marshmallow fluff to top of each chocolate piece.
- Gently stretch out the other circles and place them on top of the egg washed circles that have been covered with chocolate and marshmallow fluff. Press down the sides. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Brush the pies with egg wash and sprinkle with graham cracker pieces.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Note: You may need to poke a tiny hole in the top of the pies to allow the marshmallow to expand. I didn’t and it cracked on the top as it rose with heat, but settled down after cooling.