Sweet and savory is not a new combination. We’re just enjoying it in new and different (to us) ways these days! A few years ago, I shared my famous Bacon & Goat Cheese Figs recipe.
Same concept here.
Sweet, salty and pretty good for you!
This recipe is so simple and perfect to pre-stuff and pre-wrap. Then, just bake in the oven before dinner!
I used turkey bacon for these to make them lower in fat, but you can certainly use the real bacon. If you do, please send some to my husband. He is in need of a little real bacon. I deprive him. Bad wifey.
Since we’re almost to the new year. This recipe would be perfect for an appetizer for any party you’re throwing! Like I said, assemble them ahead of time. Keep them in the fridge and when you’re ready to serve them, bake them up and they’ll be hot and ready in no time!
Happy New Year!!!
Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Dates
- 20 Medjool dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 20 slices of bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Slice the dates opened and discard the pit
- Stuff with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese. Wrap with one slice of bacon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked completely.
- Serve warm.
Servings: 20 dates