This Spicy Apple Chicken Fajitas recipe is a quick, spicy and healthy meal for you and your family! I was asked by Musselman’s Apple Sauce to write about something that I plan on doing 50% more of for the next 3 months. Gotta love a challenge!
I met my best friend my freshman year of college. We instantly bonded over the love for wanting to get fit. One of her professors was also a personal trainer and gave us some lessons. I learned all sorts of things and great ways to fit more protein, hydration and exercise into my daily routine.
Fast forward a few years.
I got married and got pregnant. During the first couple of years of our marriage, my husband and I got a little relaxed and indulged in a few too many ice cream sundaes, but stayed active with running. When I got pregnant and decided that I was going to continue to stay active, I really stepped it up with nutrition. I was a machine. I rarely put bad things in my body (with the exception of the carb-loading during the 3 months of morning sickness) and I was a water guzzling, peeing machine.
Then, Liam popped out. I maintained the good nutrition and exercising during the first year of his life while I was his main source of nutrition through breastmilk.
Liam became a toddler.
He became a rambunctious and explorative toddler. Now, I can hardly keep up with the little dude; keeping him off of high tables, keeping him from making pretty pictures on my walls and making sure that he’s getting adequate food and drink. Often times, I completely forget about my own nutrition.
Drinking one glass of water a day is an achievement for me these days. Parents out there, how do you do it? Oye.
When Musselman’s came out with their big cup of applesauce that has 50% more applesauce than the original cup, they challenged me to do 50% more. I am challenging myself to drink 50% more water.
The two ways I know to force myself to drink more water is to:
- Run: I’m always thirsty after I run and will usually guzzle an entire glass in one gulp.
- Spicy Foods: I’m not a fan of spicy foods, but when I eat a good one, I constantly follow it down with lots of water.
Without further adieu, SPICY Apple Chicken Fajitas! I’m off to go ‘spring into action’ to drink 50% more water. Thank you for the challenge Musselman’s!
P.S. If you were wondering, these are made with one BIG CUP of Musselman’s Unsweetened Apple Sauce and are mother-in-law approved.
P.P.S. Check out the giveaway below!
Spicy Apple Chicken Fajitas
adapted from Musselman’s
- (sauce) 1 Musselman’s big cup unsweetened apple sauce (6 ounces)
- (sauce) 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- (sauce) 1/2 cup onion, minced
- (sauce) 1 tablespoon olive oil
- (sauce) 1 teaspoon oregano
- (sauce) 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- (sauce) salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds sliced organic chicken breasts
- 4 bell peppers (1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow and 1 green), sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- soft tortillas
- In a large pan, add in all of your sauce ingredients and sliced chicken. Sauté on medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in another large pan, sauté the bell peppers and onion in the olive oil, salt and pepper on medium heat until caramelized and tender.
- To assemble, top tortillas, top with the vegetables and chicken.
Servings: 12-15 small fajitas