I can’t rave enough about this sauce. I’ve made it many times before now and it has become a staple in our family’s meals. So far I’ve used it:
- As a simple stir fry sauce with noodles and vegetables.
- Used it in hamburgers (1 pound beef, 1/4 cup quick oats, 3 tablespoons Thai Peanut Sauce), pan sear until cooked.
- Made the same way as the hamburgers and make oven baked meatballs to pair with stir fry veggies.
- Drizzled over a bed of lettuce and vegetables.
You really can’t go wrong.
I’ve made it mild in spice so that our 1 year old can eat it…and he downs it! But, you can modify the recipe by adding more red curry paste or even crushed red pepper flakes. I haven’t done it yet, but you could also make it super spicy by using the Peanut Butter & Co The Heat Is On peanut butter. That stuff makes my eyes water, but my husband LOVES it!
Lastly, store the sauce in your fridge for a month. Makes for some excellent and easy meals!
Thai Peanut Sauce
adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup honey peanut butter (or 1 cup peanut butter and 2 tablespoons honey)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 month, or use immediately.
Makes: about 2 cups