I’m honored to be sharing one of my new favorite snacks, Cookie Chips, with you today. I’ve made a delectable and healthier treat with these Cookie Chips.
It shocks me every year when the heat rolls back around to South Carolina. It’s that heat that takes your breath away and all you want to do is wear a t-shirt and stand in front of an industrial-sized fan…all day.
I’ve always thought of myself as a misplaced northerner. Having been born and raised in South Carolina, I look forward to fall and winter way too much and get giddy when I see snow.
No more oatmeal for breakfast and hot chocolate for dessert. It’s all about the frozen goods, hence the inspiration for these healthier ice cream bars!
The flavor is full of chocolate and banana. There’s also that lovely softness from the banana soft serve and crunch from the cookie chips and chocolate chips.
A brilliant dessert.
So, let’s talk more about these Cookie Chips. I’m usually a huge fan of soft, chewy cookies, but these perfectly portioned Cookie Chips allow me to think I’m really indulging in my favorite treat, but you can have 5 cookies for one serving.
That’s a beautiful thing.
Another thing I really love about Cookie Chips is their dedication to wholesome ingredients, for example:
- GMO free
- cage free eggs
- pure cane sugar
- rBST hormone free butter
- pure bourbon vanilla extract
- no artificial flavors, preservatives or trans fats
Basically, it’s everything I believe in when I bake in my own home. I really feel good about giving these treats to my family…and that’s why all 5 bags are almost gone.
Cookie Chips come in five flavors:
- Chocolate Chip
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Sea Salted Peanut Butter
- Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip
Continue scrolling down for your chance to win one of two prize packs that includes all 5 flavors of Cookie Chips! I’d say that was a sweet deal.
In the meantime, simply whip up this quick frozen treat. You can even pre-slice the ice cream bars and wrap them in plastic wrap. That way, you’ll have dessert ready and waiting for you!
Okay, I’ll stop making you drool so much.
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Bars
- 1 package dark chocolate Cookie Chips (6 ounces), finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 medium bananas, sliced thin and frozen
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir the crushed Cookie Chips and melted butter together. Divide in half and push half of the crust into a parchment paper covered loaf pan (9×5).
- Blend the bananas until they reach a soft serve consistency. Divide in thirds. Spread 1/3 of the banana soft serve on top of the crust. Mix the second 1/3 of the soft serve with the mini chocolate chips and spread on top. Spread the remaining 1/3 banana soft serve on top.
- Gently press the remaining Cookie Chip crust on top. Freeze until firm.
- Slice and enjoy!
Note: Once firm, I pre-sliced the bars, wrapped in plastic wrap and put back in the freezer for quick desserts!
Servings: 8 slices