This Two Ingredient Chocolate Frosting is so simple to make and is packed with flavor and tofu. Yeah, I said tofu.
All it’s made from is tofu and chocolate. When those two worlds combine, the frosting it creates is more like a ganache in consistency. You can’t tell it’s made with tofu instead of heavy cream or butter!
My kind of frosting!
I first made this frosting for my husband’s birthday cake, where I knew I’d have lots of skeptical taste testers digging in. I had from old school bakers (grandmothers) to sugar-high teenagers all getting a taste. The entire spectrum of tasters gave it rave reviews!
That’s how you know it’s a winner.
Two Ingredient Chocolate Frosting
frosting from Eat Your Vegetable
- (frosting) 12 ounce firm silken tofu, drained
- (frosting) 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- To prepare the frosting, in a medium pot over medium heat, stir the tofu and chocolate chips until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and allow it to cool to a spreadable consistency.
Makes enough for a 3-layer cake or 12 cupcakes