Vegan Date Brownies are completely sweetened with Medjool dates with no added sugar!
Can we all agree that if you run 7 miles and chase a toddler around all day, there should be a live-in masseuse at your house?
Thankfully, I have my
masseur husband who generously massages my poor little feet after my long days. However, yesterday, I decided it’d be fun to run errands all morning, bake during Liam’s nap time and then run 7 miles straight (for reals?!). My husband was out late at a work function and I was running solo all day…including massaging my own pounding feet so I could fall asleep.
Yeah, I totally earned these brownies.
It’s a good thing these brownies are basically health food and require little effort to ‘work them off’. I can basically have the entire batch after chasing Liam down to change his stinky diaper, right?
There is absolutely no added sugar in these babies, either (well, besides the powdered sugar photographed here, for added mouthwatering-ness)! They are completely sweetened with Medjool dates. Have I mentioned how much I am in love with Medjool dates?
To top it off, they happen to be vegan. Booya!
Cue licking the bowl.
The texture is slightly more cakey and apt to crumble, but the center is fudgy and delicious. Top with some coconut milk ice cream or banana soft serve and you’ve got yourself the most delectable and healthified dessert!
Vegan Date Brownies
adapted from readeat.pl
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates (I use Natural Delights)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a sauce pan, bring the dates and water up to a boil and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Blend the dates, water, coconut cream and oil together.
- In the same sauce pan, combine the date mixture and chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in the vinegar and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into an 8×8 pan that has been covered with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Servings: 16 brownies