Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours are a dainty and delicious treat for any party!
I remember my baby shower for Liam like it was yesterday. My sisters did an amazing job planning and orchestrating it. They know me so well and equipped it with loads of food, including elegantly decorated homemade petit fours. Since today we’re celebrating Georgia’s baby shower, I thought I’d bring the ‘pink’ petit fours in honor of her having a baby girl very soon!
They are tad bit healthier than your typical petit fours, including being made with 100% whole wheat flour and strawberries to create the beautiful pink cake and filling colors! Of course, if you long for more of a pink colored cake, you can always add some red food coloring, but I went all natural for this baby shower.
The best part is they are bite sized and when you pop them in your mouth, they melt… melting chocolate strawberry flavors exploding on your palate.
I may or may not have sampled quite a few. “Once you pop, you just can’t stop!”
I’m so excited for Georgia! I first met her when we were at BlogHer Food in Austin and again at Mixed Conference and it’s like we had known each other for years. She is a pleasure to talk to and an incredibly talented food blogger. I’m happy to know her and to help celebrate this wonderful time in her and husband’s lives. I hope you’re able to scroll down to see all of the other amazing “Think Pink” recipes in celebration of Georgia’s baby shower!
And in the meantime, make these for your next baby shower, tea party, birthday party or even just for a little treat!
They are definitely show stoppers!
Welcome to the Baby Shower!
Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph’s Bite by Bite
Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
Kale Salad with Strawberries, goat cheese, and strawberry vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours
cake adapted from Whole Foods and fondant from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup strawberry purée either from very ripe fresh strawberries or thawed frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk
- (filling) 5 ounces frozen and thawed strawberries
- (filling) 2 tablespoons sugar
- (filling) 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- (poured fondant) 6 cups powdered sugar
- (poured fondant) 1/2 cup water
- (poured fondant) 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- (poured fondant) 1 teaspoon vanilla
- (poured fondant) 3 ounces 60% cocoa dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 11×17 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, butter, strawberry purée and milk together. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan, smoothing and gently banging the pan on the counter to create an even surface. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before lifting the parchment paper out and placing on a cooling rack to cool completely. Cut the sheet cake into 3mm squares, pairing 3 equal sized squares for each petit four.
- (filling) In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir in the filling ingredients together until it begins to boil. Continue to stir as it thickens. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool completely. Spread a tiny bit of filling between each layer and place the filled petit fours on a cooling rack for pouring the fondant.
- (poured fondant) In a sauce pan off the heat, stir in the powdered sugar, water and corn syrup and stir until combined and smooth. On a low heat, bring the temperature to 92-100°F and stir in the vanilla and chocolate chips and stir until melted and combined. Pour over the petit fours and allow to set at room temperature.
Servings: 28-30 petit fours