Sometimes you just need chocolate cream cheese frosting. Thank goodness for my friend, Stephani, from The Cupcake Project. She always has the solution to my sweet tooth.
P.S. This post is short and sweet. Literally.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
from The Cupcake Project
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- In a stand mixer, or bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together until well blended (20 seconds).
- With the mixer on low, slowly beat in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder until combined. Once all combined, bump up the speed to high for 20 seconds to get it nice and fluffy.
- Decorate as desired!
Note: This recipe is also great for double, tripling or even quadrupling.