It’s official! We are moved into our new house. After just about 10 months of living with family, we are finally in a place of our own again. We’re so excited to finally feel settled in Charleston again. While I am still neck-deep in boxes of things we haven’t seen in almost a year, I’m slowly-but-surely making it our home.
So, if I’ve been out in la-la land the past couple of weeks and in the coming weeks, that’s why. So. Many. Boxes.
Thankfully, we only live minutes away from my parent’s house, where we’re big into family movie nights. Just last week, while we were still on a renovation spree at the new house, we settled in for a pizza and movie night after a hard day’s work (at my parent’s house, of course). I made this Autumn Pizza to ring in the new season that is (hopefully…it’s my favorite!) quickly approaching.
The flavors are amazing! It’s all of my favorite fall flavors into one pizza. Ready to see what’s on this thing?
- Chicken Apple Sausage
- Butternut Squash
- Caramelized Onions
- BBQ Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- and GOAT CHEESE!
How can you go wrong with a pizza like that? And to top it off, I made my favorite homemade pizza dough to put this pizza together with.
So yes, we had pizza covered, then it was time for a movie! Since Liam was still awake, we settled on a kid-friendly title on Netflix Instant Stream…Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2. We love Berry, oh and Barb! After Liam went to sleep, the grown-ups watched Ender’s Game from Netflix Blu-Rays that they send to your house. It was a great one!
Here are a list of Kid-Friendly movies we like to watch on Pizza and a Movie nights on Netflix Instant Stream:
- The Croods
- Lilo & Stitch
- Turbo Fast
- Wings of Life
What movie do you like to watch on movie nights?
- Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cut in 1/2 inch squares and roasted
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 apple chicken sausage link, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
- Prepare your pizza dough and allow 1-2 hours to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Meanwhile, on a parchment paper covered baking sheet, roast the butternut squash until soft (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the onions in the olive oil, stirring frequently until caramelized.
- Sprinkle corn meal on a baking sheet and roll out the pizza dough.
- Spread the BBQ sauce out on the dough and top with the mozzarella cheese, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, goat cheese and sausage.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Top with sage leaves and serve.