Halloween is the perfect opportunity to serve beets. They’re blood red and look really creepy on noodles. While most people aren’t a fan of beets, I think they are amazing roots. They’re so sweet and flavorful, especially when roasted.
And for all of you with children (or husbands who may be picky like children), Halloween is the perfect excuse to serve them beets! Just tell them it’s blood (well, tell your boys that…I don’t think girls would want to hear that) and they’ll gobble it up!
And if you’ve never roasted beets, it’s so simple! Just check out the recipe below. You can even roast a bunch of beets, allow them to cool in the fridge and then freeze them in an airtight freezer safe container for later.
Anyway. On to more about this pasta sauce. It’s made with 3 ingredients and couldn’t be more flavorful. It’s cheesy and full of great nutrition.
Get ready for a spooky dinner!
- 3-4 medium beets
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Rinse and cut off the stems of the beets. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Blend the roasted beets with the goat cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Toss into prepared pasta.