Christmas Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is sure to get your friends and family into the holiday spirit. I’m honored to be a PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Ambassador this year, sharing delicious recipes including this holiday cheesecake recipe.
My fridge was stocked with the holiday essentials and I knew a Christmas themed cheesecake was just the thing to get my family and friends into the holiday spirit. What better way to share the Christmas cheer than with a tasty, yet reduced-fat Christmas Chocolate Chip Cheesecake!?
I certainly can’t think of a better way to ring in the holiday. Pass a slice, please!
Every bite of this cheesecake is creamy, with bites of chocolate from both the mini chocolate chips throughout the cheesecake and the numerous chocolate pieces and sprinkles on top. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face with every bite of this cheesecake.
It makes me happy. It makes me so happy that it’s in my top 5 favorites for the season.
The ingredients come together beautifully and thanks to the no preservative PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese made with fresh milk, real wholesome cream and no preservatives, you have dessert perfection.
The wonderful part about making a cheesecake for the holidays is you can make it in advance for a worry free dessert! That way, you’ll have more time to spend with friends and family.
Be careful, it won’t last long.
Happy Holiday Baking!
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
adapted from Chocolate & Carrots, inspired by Taste of Home
- 1 cup low-fat honey graham cracker crumbs (about 8 sheets)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- (topping) 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- (topping) 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- (topping) assorted red, green and white candies
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a springform pan by covering the bottom and sides with aluminum foil.This is to prevent water getting into the cheesecake later.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl (or a Blendtec or food processor).
- Push into the bottom of the springform pan and just slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place the baked crust into a large baking dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring the oven to 450°F.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until loose (just a few seconds).
- Beat in the sugar and flour, just until blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one egg at a time, beating well in between.
- Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the crust (it’s okay if it is still warm).
- Pour the water in the large baking dish surrounding the springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250°F and bake for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, take off the aluminum foil.
- Using a knife, loosen the cake from the rim of the pan.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool for about 5-10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, mix the topping mixture by whisking the greek yogurt and powdered sugar together. Spread on top of the cheesecake and top with the holiday themed candies.
This post was sponsored by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and Kraft. I am a PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese brand ambassador because I believe in their products. I received compensation for this post and posts to follow. All opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure policy for further information.