It feels good to be back. I’m slowly getting into a manageable routine with my two boys. Granted I’m not getting very much sleep (on par of 3-4 broken hours of sleep per night), but we’re surviving. The boys get fed, bathed and dressed and I get my coffee and chocolate. All is right in the world.
Then comes the dreaded conversation of what in the world to fix for dinner. Keeping up with things these days is just hard. I barely squeeze in time to take a shower on a daily basis, let alone meal plan or even grocery shop! I have yet to go to the grocery store with both children. We’ll leave that adventure for another time. Eep!
So, when you have no idea what to make for dinner, you get creative and make it work. Using just a few ingredients, this roasted and spicy dinner became a reality! It was super simple to whip up and we added some grilled steaks and heated up some frozen veggies to make a well rounded and VERY flavorful meal!
Weeknight meal success.
P.S. You’ll probably need a tall glass of milk after this one, especially if you go heavy with the siracha mayo. It’s spicy, but OH so good!
P.P.S. If you could only see me as I’m writing this right now. My husband and oldest son are sleeping in their beds while Hayden is sound asleep on my chest. Meanwhile, I’m listening to the crackling fire in the fireplace and savoring the last few moment of quiet before Hayden wakes up for another feeding. Now, if only someone could go fetch me a warm chocolate chip cookie, things would be perfect.
Roasted Potatoes with Sriracha Mayo
- 2.5 pounds medium red potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/4″ slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- (optional) parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, toss the potato slices, olive oil, salt and pepper until coated. Spread out in a single layer on baking sheets covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir the mayonnaise, siracha and soy sauce together.
- Serve the potatoes warm with the siracha mayonnaise and parsley.