I apologize for my absence lately. Life is crazy. My two boys are keeping me super busy and I just want to hug and play with them all day long. I don’t want to miss a moment! On top of that, my husband recently made the transition to working from home. This has been a huge and delightful adjustment.
In addition to all of that, some fun and exciting changes are coming soon to Chocolate & Carrots! As soon as I get the word, I will share all of the details! I. Can’t. Wait. In the meantime, let’s dive into these insanely easy chocolate truffles (recipe below).
…and if you didn’t know it already, I’m Medjool Date crazy. Enjoy!
Oh, and these are going to be featured in Charleston’s newest magazine, Lily! Be sure to pick up a copy if you’re local or check out their website. 🙂 #notsponsored #justlove
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- 2 cups (about 20) Medjool dates, pitted (I highly recommend Natural Delights!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- cocoa nibs
- shredded coconut
- In a blender or food processor, combine the dates, coconut oil and cocoa powder together. Blend until completely combined and paste like.
- Using a spoon or 1 inch scoop, roll the date mixture into balls. Place the balls in the desired toppings, coating all sides.
- Enjoy at room temperature and store in an airtight container.
Servings: 15 truffles