What’s better than dessert for breakfast? S’mores Waffles for breakfast!
Well, our little Hayden is quickly on the move since he turned one. He’s into everything and knows when he’s about to do something he’s not supposed to, too. He does the whole, look back at mommy thing to make sure I’m looking and laughs while he quickly scampers toward the naughty thing.
The year that Liam (our oldest) was on the move like this was when we moved lived in 4 houses in one year. We first lived in a rental house and couldn’t modify it at all. We didn’t have a single baby gate, but instead, moved the furniture to blockade him in a safe zone. Then, we moved into my in-law’s house where we spend oodles on baby gates and that helped create a safe place for him. By the time we moved into our current house, Liam was old enough to know what was right and wrong. We haven’t dealt with a single baby gate for a couple of years.
Now, we’re here.
We can only close the doors of our bedrooms and bathrooms from Hayden, the rest of the house is fair game. Currently, Hayden’s favorite places to go to get into trouble are:
- Dog food and water (Makes a perfectly logically splash pad. Face Palm.)
- Trash can (It makes a great teether. Yuck!)
- Fireplace (He’s gotten so good that he can open the glass doors and everything!)
Needless to say, we are planning on putting baby gates in all over the place this weekend. I still have no clue what to do about the fireplace, though. We can lock the doors with a baby cabinet lock, but we can no longer use our lovely wood burning fireplace.
And that means no more s’mores. Sad.
Thank goodness there’s always S’mores Waffles. Baby proofed and equally as delicious!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 7 sheets)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose (or white whole wheat) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the waffle iron (I use a this one).
- In a medium bowl, stir the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and baking soda together (dry ingredients).
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, milk and olive oil (wet ingredients).
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until almost combined (it’s okay to have a little bit of flour streaks in the batter.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and make the waffles as instructed by the manufacturer.
- Top with marshmallow sauce, marshmallow bits, hot fudge and graham cracker chunks.
Servings: 4 large waffles
The links to Amazon are affiliate links, where a small percentage of purchases goes to supporting this site. All opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure policy for further information.