I’m honored to be a Stonyfield Ambassador again this year, bringing you fun and creative ideas for you and your family. Come see what I’m sharing today!
Since having Hayden, I’ve made a rather large effort to continue going ‘out’ with the two kids, doing things that I used to do with just Liam. We’ll travel to the local parks and playgrounds, the South Carolina aquarium, the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry, Charles Towne Landing, the beach and more! We’re blessed to live in Charleston where we can be tourists in our own city and the weather is pretty splendid.
No matter where you live, though, going out for a fun excursion with two kids is EXHAUSTING. You have to plan at least a day ahead and be sure to pack all of the essentials, like snacks, bottles, clothes, wipes…the list goes on and on. Then, it takes hours just to get out of the house. However, I’ve learned that you can have a fun day planned at home that is MUCH easier for you, while still being exciting for your children: a backyard picnic.
All you need is a comfy big blanket, yummy food, some fun serving gear and maybe bubbles (because who doesn’t love bubbles)!
Steps to a successful backyard picnic:
- Collect your supplies and pack your lunches.
- Set up the blanket and food while your children are distracted inside.
- Get them pumped for the picnic!
- Reveal the picnic spread outside.
- Enjoy playing and eating in your own backyard.
Some fun picnic lunch foods:
- Small squares of cheddar cheese and crackers
- Fresh fruit assortment
- Stonyfield yogurt – we’re big on the pouches, but you can just as easily bring along the cups and put them in bowls with lids or plastic containers to save leftovers for later.
- Hummus and small sliced veggies to dip (carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, radishes, etc.)
- Sippy cup – water, or juice/milk (if it’s insulated)
- Dessert: small piece of chocolate…just be sure to keep this in a cooler or out of the sun. Trust me, you don’t want melted chocolate all over your toddler.
I had the pleasure of trying out some products from Tommee Tippee when exploring our backyard picnic and now you have the chance to win some of your own!
So, that’s that! Have a wonderful backyard picnic!