I’m honored to share this baby food recipe in celebration of baby’s #firstbites with OXO.
When my son was little, I was all about making homemade baby food, most of which I posted here on crackers & carrots! It’s such a good feeling knowing the quality of ingredients that you’re feeding your child.
It’s great when they become more accustomed to baby food and enjoy exploring new flavors. This recipe is one that you can make right alongside the great big batch of the standard broccoli and cheese soup that you’re making the rest of your family and your baby can enjoy the flavors with you!
It’s full of vegetables and even introduces a slight cheese flavor, which is okay for children older than 9 months.
OXO helped set me up for a baby food making day with a whole bunch of tools, of which my favorite is the feeding spoon set with soft silicone. So perfect for feeding baby! Also, the Baby Blocks freezer storage containers are very handy…and for a toddler, too! Just stick your favorite snacks in the containers for quick eating on-the-go.
Are you ready for a giveaway?
Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a steamer pot over boiling water, steam the potatoes and carrots for 7 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and steam for another 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Place all of the steamed vegetables and cheese into your food mill, food processor or blender and purée until it reaches the desired consistency.
Note: Good for babies 9 months and above, only after the baby has tried all of the foods individually to avoid allergies.
Note: If you’re making this for your older toddler, I would add double the cheese and also add in some pepper or other seasonings to increase flavor.