Tada! I’ve reached my 200th day of pregnancy. That’s a lot considering a school year is 180 days.
I thought I’d share some little tidbits about how life is going now, while you enjoy some photos that Logan’s very talented brother took of us on a rainy Saturday (this past weekend).
- Pregnancy is not the romantic dream I thought it would be.
- I’ve had almost every symptom in the book…mostly negative.
- Even though I went through 3 full months of brutal nausea and aversions, I’ve mainly forgotten about that time and am enjoying this precious blessing.
- I value this little miracle more than you know because it was such a fictitious dream for me to be able to get pregnant (read more of our TTC with PCOS story here).
- I hope that my body will regulate itself after I give birth so that I am able to have more children eventually.
- Leland is going to be a big brother. This should be interesting.
- My husband is going to be an amazing father.
- I’m scared and nervous about not being the ‘perfect’ mother (I’m a perfectionist…not always a good thing). I tend to put a lot of high expectations on myself, resulting in frustration for not meeting them.
- My husband is very much an optimist about birth and taking care of another human being. So much for sympathizing with me.
- I’m excited to be able to start walking/running again after the baby is born. I miss exercising terribly.
- The nursery is slowing making progress…we have a crib, mattress, dresser/changing table, and floor lamp. Yay, Ikea!
- I am so honored and excited to make our siblings–aunts (4) and uncles (1), our parents–grandparents (4), and our grandparents–great-grand parents (8).
- We have names picked out. Look for the reveal post soon!