homemade baby food {3 ingredients pancakes}

How to make baby pancakes

He’s his momma’s boy.

Being as though I’m a breakfast lover (especially pancakes), it was only natural that Liam likes pancakes too! After spotting this 4 ingredient pancakes on Recipe Boy, I knew I needed to modify them and let Liam give them a try.

As soon as I set the stack on his tray, he was all hands and couldn’t wait to dig in.

How to make baby pancakes-1

The texture is very spongy, making it easy to break apart. Think of an omelet in sweet pancake form.

To make them, simply beat 1/2 cup very mashed ripe banana, 2 eggs and 1/8 teaspoon baking powder together. With a lightly greased griddle on medium heat, spoon up 1/8 cup sized pancakes, flipping when light brown on each side. Tada!

Since they are perfectly sweet from the banana, I didn’t add anything to them. I think for me, I’ll make Recipe Boy’s version with chocolate chips and syrup on top. Oye, sweet tooth. 😉

How to make baby pancakes-2

As you can see, they were a hit.

But, always consult your pediatrician if you’re not sure if your baby can have bananas or eggs. I know that giving eggs to a baby under one years old is controversial. Also, always never leave your baby un-attended while eating.

How to make baby pancakes-3

This entry was posted in baby food and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to homemade baby food {3 ingredients pancakes}

1. SO cute! Love that they are baby-friendly! Thanks for shouting out to RecipeBoy!

2. Nancy says:

That toothy grin at the end is beyond adorable! What a cutie.

3. Katie says:

Love that grin 🙂

4. Pingback: Owen Eats | Elspeth and Tim

5. Pingback: New Recipe | The Quest for a Functional Wardrobe

6. Amanda says:

I’ve been meaning to write you a note for some time now. My [almost] 11 month old has been eating these pancakes for about a month and a half and he can’t get enough of them! He eats all that this recipe makes by himself and can barely let it cool before he wants to dig in. THANK YOU for posting this, it’s so easy and quick to make, nutritious and delicious!

• caroline says:

Oh yay! I’m so happy to hear that Amanda! My little guy loves them too. Such a great little meal idea. 😀

7. Pingback: 11 months | crackers & carrots

8. kelly says:

Hi there! I came across your recipe and was wondering if these freeze well. That way I could make a huge batch 🙂 thanks!

• caroline says:

I’ve never tried freezing them, but I don’t see why you couldn’t! Pancakes in general freeze well when frozen separately and then put into a freezer container or bag. I’d try it with a small batch first and then go for the huge batch. Enjoy! 😀

• Jennifer says:

They freeze well! My mom found this recipe and made them for my son the mornings she babysat. He loved them so much that she started freezing about 5-6 in plastic baggies (5-6 in a bag and then all the little bags in a gallon zip-loc bag). They’ve lasted 2 weeks easily in our regular freezer. I prefer to thaw them in the fridge, but they can be tossed straight into the microwave for a minute, separate the ones that were frozen together, and then zapped for another 20 seconds or so.

9. Just made these for Lily, and she loved them! Our dog happily at any scraps that fell on the ground ;). This will be a go-to breakfast for a while, I think!

• caroline says:

Oh yay! I’m glad Lily liked them. 😀 She is PRECIOUS! I can’t believe time is flying so quickly. I feel like it was just yesterday that you were announcing you were pregnant. So happy the puppy gets some too. Our dog is loving all of these remnants from Liam. 😉

10. Pingback: 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes for Baby « Healthy Food For Living

11. Vicky says:

Thanks for the recipe. is there any flour in this pancake recipe?

12. Sheena says:

can you make these with just egg yolk?

• caroline says:

I’ve never tried it, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The entire egg gives it the necessary moistness. Happy cooking!

13. Athena R says:

I made these on Sunday morning for my little guy, and he loved them. I cooked the first few as the recipe states, but the last bit of mix, I added a couple tablespoons of organic baby oatmeal, cinnamon, and vanilla to it and they cooked up perfectly. I put the leftovers in the fridge and he had them for breakfast this morning. Thank you again for sharing this recipe.

14. Erin says:

I love the recipe. I use sweet potatoes instead of bananas and add some cinnamon. My little one loves them. And they freeze nicely too!

15. Jourdan says:

Hi! New mom here.. Just found your blog and absolutely LOVE it 🙂 tried to find a spot to email you but couldn’t so I’m posting in hopes that it will reach your eyes! My son is 8.5 mos now and has been eating baby puréed foods since 6 mos. we are now on textured purees and trying to do some baby led weaning.. He’s exclusively breast fed with the introduction of solids. I’m having issues with him gagging and spitting up when he tries to swallow anything not puréed.. Just curious what you started with that didn’t cause these things and also what age did your adorable little Liam start handling more solid foods? I want to give him things like pancakes or cooked scrambled eggs but maybe it’s too soon?

• caroline says:

Hi Jourdan, I started BLW with Liam when he was 8 months old. Check out this post to see what foods I was giving him. Thankfully, children have a really sensitive gag reflex to help not chocking. Liam gagged at least once every meal, but he was pretty good about trying everything, chewing it and swallowing. It just takes practice and just be observant of your child. Have you tried him just eating rice krispies? That was the first thing we tried. Then we progressed to other foods. In addition to the 8 months recap, here are all of the month-to-month updates to see where we were in teeth, foods, sleep and other habits. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

16. Andrea says:

I’ve been making something similar to this and it has been a huge hit with my almost 1 year old. Especially since he gets constipated sooo easily. The recipe is half a ripe banana, 1/8 cup of plain oatmeal (or baby oatmeal), 1 egg, a small handful of baby spinach leaves (really as much as you want), and a pinch of cinnamon! They come out amazing and you CANNOT taste any spinach, I actually make them for myself as well. I usually drizzle with a little bit of the Walden farms syrup (calorie and sugar free! :))

17. This is my favorite baby pancake recipe! Thanks for sharing. Also, I dropped a link to it in my recent post “Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Making Baby Food.” Shared this recipe in my Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Making Baby Food.