I’m honored to be a Sisterhood of Motherhood partner, a sponsored blog partner this year. I’m joining #SisterhoodUnite and making my pledge to end the mommy wars.
Here we go!
Hayden and I traveled to New York City this week to meet up with Similac, the Sisterhood of Motherhood bloggers, the Today Show and the Duff sisters! What?!? It was a dream.
We took our very first cab ride to our hotel, the Langham Place (hotel review to come!) and had a little down time to rest in the hotel before a lovely dinnertime with the bloggers, Similac and MSL Group.
We traveled to a restaurant called Gallow Green for a roof top dinner. It was full of wonderful conversation and fun making friends! Hayden loved getting snuggles from all the ladies.
The Next Morning
We were up early for a behind the scenes tour of the Today Show. While inside we saw the anchors: Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Carson Daly, Natalie Morales, Dylan Dreyer and Wrangler the dog. We also saw Carol Burnett a few times near the control room!
Meanwhile, Hayden had everyone wrapped around their fingers with his adorable outfit.
Next stop, the 65th floor of Rockerfeller Center…the Rainbow Room!
I’m so passionate about the Sisterhood of Motherhood campaign that Similac has initiated this year. It’s all about spreading parental support, not judgement towards each other. It was so refreshing to be surrounded by parents during this event (especially since I was the only one who brought a baby…he was spoiled rotten by these lovely ladies!) that were in full support of me as a mom. It was a total no judgement zone. If only we could surround every other parent in our lives with the same support that I felt during the event in New York City, what a beautiful world it would be.
Back to the Rainbow Room. We first sat down to watch the debut of the #EndMommyWars trailer (movie comes out in October). You can watch the trailer here! It looks so good!
Next up was the main event: a roundtable/panelist talk all about why we judge, how we feel when we’re judged and what we can do about all the judgement. It was moderated by Sheinelle Jones and the panelists were Hilary Duff, Haylie Duff, Jenna Wolfe, Rebecca Dube and Dr. Shefali Tsabary.
Here’s a summary of the best advice that I got from the event:
- Everyone is going to have an opinion and you can’t stop people from judging you, but what you can do is not let other people’s judgements affect how you raise your children.
- There’s no such thing as a perfect parent. We’re all a work in progress and no one has the right answers. Ever. All you can do is do the best you can, love your children with all that you’ve got. If you do all of that then you’re doing it right.
- Take responsibility for what you put out in the world. You are in charge of you and only you can stop yourself from judging other parents and from judging yourself!
- Give yourself a break and remember that people are coming from all walks of life.
- End the mommy wars and support one another!
Here’s the entire panel video if you’d like to watch it!
Now, for the fun pictures!