One of the greatest southern comfort food is a pulled pork barbecue sandwich. Mmmm…yum! However, my goal is always to make dishes a little bit better for you. Our dinner consisted of these delicious sandwiches, corn and a spinach salad. Here is my simple recipe:
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 Publix GreenWise Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1/4 – 1 cup of Jardine’s 7J Ranch Kansas City Slow Mo Molasses All Natural BBQ Sauce (or barbecue sauce of choice)
- Arnold 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (or other 100 calorie sandwich bread)
- Boil chicken breasts in water for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Using two forks, pull chicken into small shredded chunks.
- Put pulled chicken into another sauce pan and pour enough barbecue sauce to cover all of the chicken.
- Heat barbecue chicken on low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes until barbecue has had enough time to marinate and caramelize.
- Serve with a side of veggies and/or a salad and enjoy!
Serving Size: 2