This is Moms (& Pops).
Moms makes the best pimento cheese out there. Ever since I can remember, Moms made her pimento cheese during the summer. Mmm… My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Now that I’m married and am a little homemaker, I wanted to learn to make it! Plus, it is my father-in-law’s favorite! 😉
I called Moms and asked her for her recipe. And to my surprise, there was none! She just makes it and tastes it along the way. So, I asked if she wouldn’t mind coming over and making it in front of me. I ended up figuring out the recipe while watching the master at the craft. 🙂 Here’s all you need.
Here is the family heirloom. It’s secret…so don’t tell anyone, okay?
Moms’ Pimento Cheese
- 1 1/5 pounds of Publix Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 7 ounce jar of diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- dash or two of cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 5-6 ounces Kraft mayonnaise with olive oil
- optional: lemon juice and/or Worcestershire sauce for different flavor notes
- Shred the sharp cheddar cheese.
- In a mixer, combine all of the ingredients, including the juice from the pimento jar.
- Blend until completely mixed and add moisture, if needed, (mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcesterhire) until it’s a spreadable texture.
- Set out the amount of pimento cheese you want to use on your sandwich until it’s about room temperature, to make it easier to spread.
- Store in a air tight container for up to 3/4 weeks (although I don’t think it’ll last that long…at least not in our house). 🙂