My husband and I hosted our neighborhood’s first Home Owners Association meeting last night. I decided that it would be nice to provide some snack foods for our neighbors, one of which included these soft, sweet and healthy makeover of the classic chocolate chip cookie! They go fast, so I made enough for Logan to bring to work to share with his amazing coworkers as a Friday treat!
Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix the flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate boil, mix together the rest of the ingredients through eggs whites, whipping it until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix completely.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Chill for one hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Using a tablespoon ice cream scoop, space cookies 1 inch apart on non-stick foil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven, until light brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!