Dinner Thursday night…Mmm Mmm Good…
adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 8 ounce package of baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup beer
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- parsley (however much you enjoy)
- 12 ounce package whole wheat egg noodles
- Prepare the onion and mushrooms, slicing the mushrooms and chopping the onion.
- Brown the turkey in the olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic and cover, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Stir in flour, stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Add the beer and the chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles.
- Stir in the sour cream, serve, sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!