Last night’s dinner was quick and easy to whip up in a hurry. We had my little sister, Eliza, over and she helped me keep tabs on what ingredients we were using and how we made this delicious meal. Here’s a photo of Eliza when we went to the Riverbanks Zoo the other week!
Back to dinner…Onions, mushrooms and spinach were the only vegetables I had left in my refrigerator, so feel free to add another others that you have and pack it full of veggies!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 8 ounce package baby portobella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes (or more, if you prefer more)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (marjoram, thyme, rosemary savory, sage, oregano, and basil blend)
- 4-5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 24 ounce can tomato sauce (Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic)
- 13.25 ounce box of whole wheat angel hair pasta
- gouda cheese
- Prepare veggies.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, over medium high heat.
- Once tender, add in salt, pepper, seasonings, spinach, and chicken broth.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, reducing the liquid a little bit.
- Turn the heat down to low/medium low and stir in the tomato sauce.
- Boil the noodles.
- Serve with chunks of gouda cheese and enjoy!