Publix had scallops on sale this week. Since I am a BIG time fan of seafood, I bought some. 🙂 Logan and I whipped up this little dish. It took very little time and it was quite good!
Pan Seared Beer Scallops
- 15 scallops
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 ounces Newcastle Brown Ale (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Caramelize the onions, garlic, salt and pepper in olive oil in a sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Once the onions are light brown, add the parsley and push the onion mixture to the outside walls of the pan, leaving a hole in the middle big enough for the scallops.
- Add the scallops to the pan. (Add a more olive oil if the pan is dry)
- Let them sear on both sides.
- Once they have a light, light brown color on both sides, add the beer to the pan.
- Let the beer cook down just for a few minutes.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable and bread! (We had it with green beans and homemade irish soda bread.)