Okay. Admit it, when you think of your mom, or any mom for that matter, you probably think of the everyday traditional mom. My mom, however, is WAY better. She loves rock-n-roll (especially Green Day), Converse, going to concerts, a great cook, helps anyone and everyone that she can, a Londoner at heart, and she is even considering a tattoo! Mary Ruth; coolest mom around and this is her (with Lily the Yorkshire Terrier):
Well, she and my dad were in San Francisco, CA the other weekend to see the city and attend Green Day’s last show of their US tour. While there, they went to Rudys Can’t Fail Cafe…owned by the amazing bassist of Green Day, Mike Dirnt. When she got back from her trip she made us the meal she had there….The Tower of Power. Here is the recreation.
Tower of Power
- 4 servings of hash browns
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced, enough for 8 slices)
- 8 eggs
- 6 slices of Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 Morning Star Veggie patties
- Preheat broiler.
- In a skillet prepare the hash browns.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan brown the veggie patties.
- Once the hash browns are complete, set them on a greased baking sheet and place a slice of cheese on each hash brown.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Place two tomato slices on each hash brown and cheese and top with a half slice of cheese.
- Put in the broiler again until cheese is melted and tomatoes are warm.
- Then put two Morning Star veggie patties on each stack.
- Meanwhile, fry/scramble (whichever you prefer) eggs.
- Top the stacks with the eggs, serve and enjoy the Tower of Power.