Okay. I admit it. I’ve been in a total pancake mood lately. However, I didn’t want to just indulge in just the typical Bisquick pancake. These are just as easy and a WHOLE lot healthier. The have the following health benefits:
- Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and Potassium
- Cardiovascular benefits
- Protects eyesight
- Helps absorb calcium, leading to stronger bones
- Promotes kidney health
- Omega 3 fatty acids – anti-inflammatory, protects bone health, protects against heart disease, cancer, and diabetes
- Prevents and controls diabetes
- Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Lowers high blood pressure
And if you ask me, the best way to prepare them is:
- 2 pancakes
- natural peanut butter spread on top of each
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- serve warm
Whole Wheat, Banana, Chocolate Chip, & Flaxseed Pancakes
A.K.A. Really Good Pancakes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs whites
- 2 bananas (smashed)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the dry ingredients (flours, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl.
- (Tip: If you only have flaxseeds, put them in your coffee grinder and it will become flaxseed meal.)
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (milk, yogurt, honey, egg whites and bananas).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix (Do NOT over mix).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, cook your pancakes on a greased griddle on medium/medium high heat.
Servings: 14 pancakes