Crunchy Lemon Pesto Salmon
- 1/2 of a lemon (rind & juice)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare the pesto combine the lemon, basil, garlic, salt, pepper and walnuts in a blender or food processor. While the you are pulsing the blender, pour in the olive oil (add enough to get everything into a paste, but be sure not to blend it to much: you want it kind of coarse).
- On a baking sheet covered with an extra long piece of non-stick foil (enough to enclose the salmon), drizzle a bit of olive oil down.
- Lay the salmon down on the olive oil and top with the pesto.
- Cover the salmon with the foil, creating an enclosure (allowing it to steam).
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the salmon is done.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable (in my case: roasted broccoli with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and black sesame seeds) and good carbohydrate like whole grain bread, brown rice, quinoa or any of you other favorite grains.