Alright, I’ll admit it. I’m getting a little tired of the promise of Fall weather and just getting 80-90 degree temperatures.
In my attempt to make it seem like it was Fall outside, I made snickerdoodles.
They certainly made our house smell like cinnamon sugar and everything nice.
adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat heat oven to 400°.
- Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer, cream the butter, shortening and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and turbinado sugar.
- Using a tablespoon melon scoop, form balls, roll in the cinnamon sugar, and place on the greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies start to crack.
Servings: 45 cookies