Need a simple addition to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Use this recipe as a go to for rolls topped with butter or your favorite jam…
…or as hamburger buns.
Whole Wheat Yeast Rolls
adapted from EatLiveRun
- 1 cup skim milk (110-115°: feels like warm/hot bath water)
- 1 pkg Hodgson Mill Active Dry Yeast for Whole Grains
- pinch of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Mix the milk, yeast and sugar in a mixer fixed with a dough hook.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the flours and salt (1/2 cup at a time…don’t want flour all over your kitchen!) until it forms a ball.
- Cover with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll each portion into a ball and set on a non-stick foil covered baking sheet.
- Cover with either a towel or plastic wrap and let it rise again in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Servings: 8 rolls