What goes great with chili???
And for those that don’t like spicy, you can make these Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins without Jalapeños too. I actually did half the batch without, then added the jalapeños into the second half. Worked out great…and pleased the masses.
Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins
adapted from food.com
- 2 cups yellow corn meal
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 10 ounces shredded part-skim sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn meal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and mix (remember not to over mix).
- Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- This is the time if you want to do half of the batch without any jalapeños, fill each of your 12 muffin pan spots 3/4 the way up and bake for about 20 minutes or until light brown on the top. Otherwise, proceed…
- Stir in the jalapeños (Add more if you like it hot. Also, if you are doing the full batch of jalapeño muffins, add 2 tablespoons of the minced jalapeños).
- Filling the 12 muffin pan 3/4 the way up, bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or until light brown on the top.
Servings: 24 muffins