You’re in for a treat.
This is the perfect combination of creamy and delectable, all rolled into a one dish meal. The way that the roasted vegetables mush-up (I don’t think that is the correct term, but go with it), makes the pasta so creamy…without the fat!
It gets even better, too. The hardest part of making this amazing pasta dish is prepping the vegetables….nothing like a little arm workout while you make an autumn pasta dish. 🙂
- 1 medium butternut squash (cut it 1/2″ cubes)
- 1 medium sweet onion (diced)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- whole wheat linguini pasta
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prepare the butternut squash, onion and zucchini.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables in the olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Spread them out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the linguini as instructed.
- Also, prepare the sauce by simmering the cream, mozzarella and butter in a small sauce pan on low until the melted and combined.
- Once everything is complete, combine and enjoy!