There’s nothing ‘chocolate & carrots’ about these babies! The one healthy thing about this fudge is that it only takes a really tiny square to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Everything in moderation…and we’ll all restart our diets in January, right??? 🙂
Moms’ fudge will have you pleasing the chocoholic crowds.
This is strictly a holiday treat. It will not be made properly in the summertime in the south. Although, I guess if you live in Canada or something, they’d be called Anytime Fudge.
There’s a multitude of variations of this recipe, too. You can always add less marshmallow fluff if you want them to be a darker and have a more course consistency. A little more marshmallow fluff makes them milky and creamy, and a little softer too, so be careful when you’re cutting them into squares! Also, you can add nuts (pecans, walnuts, your favorite nut: ____ ), or no nuts, add toffee, peppermint pieces, or whatever else you can think of!
Have fun with this recipe!
And enter the giveaway!
- 5 cups sugar
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 12 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks margarine (or butter)
- 2 7 ounce jars of marshmallow cream (also known as fluff)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare a 10″ x 15″ Jelly Roll Pan (it’s about 3/4 inches high) wiped down with the butter wrapper and lined on all sides with parchment or wax paper. Push down the paper and make sure it stays in place. Set this pan on a cooling rack and set aside.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the butter, sugar, evaporated milk and chocolate chips.
- Slowly stir until it becomes a boil you can’t stir down.
- At this point, let it boil like this for exactly 8 minutes, slowly stirring around.
- Take the pot off the heat and with a hand mixer, beat for 3 minutes.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Quickly stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the middle of the parchment lined pan quickly.
- Lick the pot and spoon!
- Set it in a cool place for at least 12 hours before cutting.