These are an Edwards favorite. My husband’s grandmother, Shelby, makes these and every year they are first to go.
I hope you enjoy these simple homemade candies!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) bag coconut
- 3 cups whole roasted almonds
- approximately 24 ounces chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa)
- Mix all ingredients together (except for chocolate chips). I had to get my hands dirty and just blend it all together. It’ll be thick.
- Shape into patties or rolls (your preference) and place on wax paper. I rolled them in my palms, but had to rinse my hands off ever 6-7 rolls to they wouldn’t stick to me.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot with simmering water (water not touching the bowl).
- Cover the rolls in the melted chocolate.
- Put on aluminum foil and let chocolate harden.
Happy Birthday shout out to Kala!