Logan and I went to Moms and Pops’ house for dinner.
We had Moms’ famous pancakes.
These aren’t the healthiest pancakes in the world, but every once in a while, you just need to splurge and have these amazing light, thin, buttery goodness.
I just can’t describe to you how delicious these are! I drown mine in syrup with a side of one veggie sausage. Mmm! Then, you eat around the pancakes on the outside until you get to the last bite: the middle. The middle is the most buttery goey part of the whole pancake stack. So good!
I hope you enjoy these delicious pancakes!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups light buttermilk (or 1 1/4 cups skim milk & 1 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice and let it sit for 5 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk and canola oil.
- Mix together with a whisk, and bake in 1/4 cup sizes on a griddle pan.
- Once you take each pancake off the pan, put a slab of butter top of each layer.
- Layer 4-5 pancakes per person and top with syrup!
those pancakes look perfect and i am obsessed with those veggie sausages
I know, right!?! Those veggie sausages are so so good…especially when dipped in syrup. Mmm!
I love pancakes! These sound great and awesome photos
Aren’t Mom’s just the best! Buttermilk always makes things lighter and yummier somehow. To make this the perfect meal for my husband, I will have to lose the veggie sausages and add some crispy bacon.