Welcome to day 3 of Truffle Time!
I have to admit it. I love Oreos. I can’t just stop at one cookie either…especially if there’s milk involved. 😉
These Oreo truffles are like the greatest Oreo cookie ever. Moist Oreo filling coated in dark chocolate. Mmmm!
adapted from Quinn’s Baking Diary
- 8 ounces of 1/3 less fat softened cream cheese
- 16.6 ounce bag of Double Stuff Oreos (or any of your favorite icing filled cookie) My bag had 33 cookies.
- dark chocolate for melting and dipping
- white chocolate for decoration
- In a food processor or blender, crush the Oreo cookies until it is pretty fine.
- Combine the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs. Come on, you know you want to use your hands! Go for it!
- Form balls and let chill in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes. Don’t worry about them being perfect balls at this point…we’ll touch them up after they are chilled.
- In the palms of your hands, roll into smooth balls.
- Melt your dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip each ball in the chocolate and remove any excess chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper and let them chill in the fridge for another hour.
- Melt your white chocolate over a double boiler.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the truffles.
- Put back in the fridge and enjoy!